The Per2 Smart Lamp wakes you up the way nature intended: naturally. It provides gentle bedside illumination programmed to gradually go from dusk to twilight to deepest night to sunrise.
The Smart Lamp lets you:
- Set the illumination to slowly increase in intensity in the morning so that it reaches the maximum intensity when you want, and stays at that maximum until you rise and leave for the day.
- Rotate the arm and lamp housing to fit the lamp to your specific bed or bed and table arrangement
- Benefit from bright white, energizing light when the alarm goes off, so you will feel more like getting up, rather than hitting the snooze button..
Research in Dr. Michael Terman’s lab showed dawn simulation can shift your inner clock, making it easier for you to fully wake up sooner. This is helpful if you tend to stay up later than you should. Just turn the Smart Lamp on in the evening, before sleep, so that it provides the lower-level illumination you get at dusk. The lab has also shown benefits of dawn simulation for improving mood and energy in the fall/winter season, whether by itself or in conjunction with bright light therapy after getting out of bed.
This is an ideal alternative to hitting the snooze button, since the snooze alarm typically wakes you up in the middle of a sleep cycle, sometimes leaving you feeling more tired than you were when the alarm first went off.
To use the dawn simulator, move the LED housing carefully by swiveling the arm and lamp units to:
- Maximize the indirect light received at your eyes while lying on your pillow
- Prevent a direct view of the bulbs, which become very bright as the dawn signal approaches daylight
- Avoid turning the ultra-bright LEDs toward your eyes, which might produce glare avoidance and squinting
- Illuminate the room overall during the day with a medium daylight hue, bridging dawn and dusk while you are at home.
Recommended lamp positions for dawn and dusk simulation
- Product Dimensions: 5″ (12.7 cm) x 4.5″ (11.4 cm) x 17″ (43.2 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 pounds
- Unit weight: 1.8 pounds
- Base dimensions: Width, 5” (12.7 cm), Depth, 3.2” (8.1 cm), Height, 3.5” (8.9 cm)
- Arm dimensions: Height, 8.75” (22.2 cm), Curve width, 5.5” (14 cm), swivels side/forward/back
- Lamp housing dimensions: Length, 6.5” (16.5 cm), Width, 3” (7.6 cm), swivels down/left/right
- Universal adaptor: Input 100-240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.5A
- Wattage: Less than 10
- Batteries 1 CR2 battery required (included)
- Color temperature: 2700K – 6500K (changes with time of day)
- Light output: 500 – 1000 lumen
- Color rendering index: Greater than 8.0