The information here is provided as a courtesy and is not meant to be a substitute for professional mental health treatment or emergency/crisis services.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- The Kennedy Forum
- International Bipolar Foundation
- National Eating Disorder Association
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Resources
YOUTH FRIENDLY MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Jed Foundation: Promoting emotional health and prevent suicide among teens and young adults. This website provides an online resource center, ULifeline, a public dialogue forum, Half of Us, and Transition Year, resources and tools to help students transition to college.
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Center: Reference sheets are provided that list top websites, books, videos, toolkits and support for mental health disorders.
- Teens Health: Providing a safe place for teens who need honest and accurate information, this website provides resources on mental health issues.
- Teen Mental Health: Geared towards teenagers, this website provides learning tools on a variety of mental illnesses, videos, and resources for friends.
- The Trevor Project: Resources for LGBTQ Youth
- Mindfulness for Teens: This website has resources to help teens use mindfulness to handle stress and includes apps to practice meditation and guided meditation recordings.